This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
We Deliver to Your Area!
added to delivery
Chocolate Bar with Sea Salt
Single Origin Chocolate.
Want a little bite throughout the day? Carry baby bites in your bag. 7 baby bites per pack means you can share the love xoxox Come on TAKE A BITE!
- 70% Dark Chocolate with Hyperlocal Sea Salt
- Hand harvested salt from the waters of Sapidus Farms by Chef Chris Amendola.
- Cacao, Single Origin, Tanzania
- 3-1 oz. bars/pack
20% profit will be reinvested to provide underserved communities with high-value skills and resources.
- Ethically sourced, centrally fermented, cacao from the heart of Tanzania by Kokoa Kamili.
- Roasted, winnowed, melanged and molded by CocoaCompassion®in New York.
- Cacao Variety: Trinitario (Amelonado x Criollo)
- Harvest Year & Season: 2015 – May thru November
- Bean Flavor Characteristics: Initially fruity, with hints of kiwi and green apple, mellowing out to a fairly mild cocoa flavor.
- Panela: 100% natural and unprocessed cane sugar.
- Produced and packaged by farmers in the Quimbaya region of Colombia and shipped to Nela® headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland
Salt Flavor Profile
- The unique flavor in this bar was found in a local oyster called Happy Oysters.
- Chef Chris Amendola accomplished this hyperlocal creation by working with the farmer of Sapidus Farms, Mike Manyak.
- Mike shared water from his farm and Chris experimented until he was able to craft his own salt; this is also the finishing salt
Ingredients: 100% Tanzanian cacao beans, panela, Chesapeake Bay sea salt
My journey started with the awareness that my actions weren’t linked to my true values.
I discovered that one of my favorite comfort foods, chocolate, was associated with so many injustices, including child slave labor, poverty, land grabs, endangered species, deforestation and green house gas emissions. I spent more money on chocolate that was labeled with various certifications believing the extra amount paid elevated lives. I thought that this money must go back to the farmer and their community. Right? Wrong.
As a thinker and problem solver, I have always challenged the status quo. My passion has always been pioneering non-traditional products within companies that served a myriad of unmet needs (it was never enough to just solve one need). Hence, I was inspired to start a company that was aligned with my values, passions and purpose while also dovetailing with the varied needs throughout all of our local communities and the varied needs of those in cacao growing regions.
Simply, this journey and our goals have been huge and perhaps daunting, but also inspiring and invigorating. Many people tilt their heads when hearing about our big picture plan for the first time. That's okay, because most pioneers know that they are stretching beyond the current point of comfort for the purpose of innovation. We do breathe a little easier knowing that the research facts we have uncovered are aligned with our beliefs that businesses, consumers, academic institutions and positive impact investors will each find value in CocoaCompassion®. Onward ho!